How do you get more engagement
on your Facebook posts?
- Ask For Comments: On your posts ask people to comment below.
Example: COMMENT below with your thoughts on the topic
- Ask For Shares: Ask people to share your post.
Example: SHARE if you agree, SHARE with a friend
- Tag: Ask people to TAG a friend in the comments below.
Example: TAG a friend in the comments below.
- Ask for Likes: Tell your fans to click the like button.
Example: Click LIKE if you agree
- Photo Comments: Ask fans to post a photo in the comment box.
Example: Post a photo of yourself smiling with your eyes for your chance to win a prize!
- Ask Questions: Encourage fans to ask questions about your company brand/products/services.
- Contests: Launch a contest in a post.
Example: Want a free [your product or service]? LIKE this post and COMMENT on why you like this product/service and we’ll pick someone at random to win! Hurry!
- Puzzles: Create puzzle which can be relatable to company’s brand/products/services. eg. Crosswords, Word Search etc.
- Riddles: Post fun riddles that will urge people to make comments.
Example “Hell a top, hell a bottom, Hallelujah in the middle. What am I”
- Trivia: Ask Questions
Example: How many languages are spoken worldwide? Tell us in the comments below.
- Local History: Does your city have an interesting or not so well-known past? Share them with your fans.
- Local Trivia: Ask trivia questions about your location or city.
Example: What is the record for most hot dogs eaten at the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest in New York City.
- Number Challenge: Ask fans to guess how many of something is in a piece of visual content.
Example: How many skittles are in the glass. Tell us in the comments below.
- Use Memes: Memes create engagement. Either post one or ask your fans to post their favorite.
Example: Post your favorite meme in the comments below.
- Fill In The Blanks: Create a fill in the blank.
Example: To me wealth means ________.
- A vs B: Ask fans which option they prefer with A and B representing pictures. Example: Do you prefer ackee with fried breadfruit or ackee with fried dumpling?
- Ask About Favourite Things. Ask your fans what’s their Favourite …..(something)
Example: What is your favorite color?
- Agree/Disagree: Tell your fans to write in the comments if they agree or disagree. Example: If you agree, type AGREE in the comments below
- Current Events: Include current events into a post.
Example: Did a volcano just erupt? Is the President coming to visit your town? Ask your audience what they think!
- Throwback: Take your fans back in time with a post that’s a blast from the past Example: Does anyone recognize this? (Then place a photo of a tape deck or VCR)
- Survey Says: Begin a post with “name a reason.”
Example: Name a reason a vampire might make a bad roommate. (Top Answer: Suck Your Blood)
- Behind-The-Scenes/First Looks: Give your fans a sneak peek into your business. You can show them how your latest product or service is made.
Example: Before we launch our brand new [your product], meet the amazing team that makes the magic happen!
- Fan Love: Show your fans some love! Let them know you care.
Example: I wish I had [your fan/follower count] arms.
Why? I want to hug all of you!
- Insert Your Brand Into A Famous Quote:
Example: Great minds think alike. I assumed you were thinking about [YOUR PRODUCT], too.
- Good Old-fashioned Promotion: Promote your product and give a discount. Example: Good news!… to help ease your financial blues, we’re offering FREE SHIPPING today only for online orders over $[ __ ]!
- National Holidays/Days of Observance: Make reference to a special day in your post and represent it in your picture as well.
Example: Happy Mother’s Day from Internet Income Jamaica. Type your mother’s name in the comments below to show your appreciation!
- Weekends and Work: State something about the weekend or your workplace
Examples: #TGIF or Take a picture of yourself at work and share with us.
- Go Live: Going LIVE ensures your posts are seen by more fans. Go LIVE!
- Music and Culture: Tie in music and/or culture to a post.
Example: Who do you prefer Bob Marley or Bob Dylan? Tell us in the comments below.
- Food and Drink: Ask a food related question
Example 1: What’s your favourite comfort food or drink?
Example 2: What goes best with this food/drink/wine?
- Social Media and Tech Related Questions: Ask questions about technology or social media.
Example: If you had to give up Google or Facebook for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- Seasonal Questions: Engage fans based on the season
Example: What’s your favorite summer activity? Tell us in the comments below.
- Fact or Fiction: Write a post and ask your fans if it’s fact or fiction. You could use the words True or False as well.
Example: We heard that Bob Marley invented Reggae music. Is this fact or fiction? Tell us in the comments below
- Guess the Person: Post a photo of a famous person and blur the photo and ask them to guess who the person is.
Example: Blur out the photo of the person on the $100 bill and ask them who it is.
- What would you do if…?: Ask a question that starts with “What would you do if..?” Then ask your fans to answer with a comment.
Example: What would you do if you go home and you see this [Picture of a snake] in your kitchen? Comment below
- Quote Of The Day: Post quotes preferably first thing in the morning and ask them to share the quote, tag a friend, click like, etc.
EXAMPLE:”Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” -Steve Jobs TAG a friend who is a leader in the comments below.
- Who Is Most Famous For These Words: Post a famous quote and ask your fans to tell you who said it
Example: Who is most famous for these words? “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way” (Answer: Napoleon Hill)
- Solve This: Post a math problem and ask your fans to solve.
EXAMPLE: 6÷2 (1+2)= _____. Tell us the answer below
- Did You Know?: Share a little-known fact or a product feature with your fans.
Example: Did you know that CoCa-Cola sold only 25 bottles in its first year?
- Inspirational/Motivational: Post positive quotes from famous people,
Example: Les Brown, Albert Einstein or Maya Angelou etc.
“Life has no limitations, except the ones you make” ~ Les Brown
- Do you remember…? (Old-time tradition): Do a throwback post and ask persons if they remember.
EXAMPLE: Post a picture of a cassette tape and ask persons if they remember using it.
- Tips For The Day: Help your fans solve an everyday problem that only your product or service can solve.
- Yay or Nay: Put up something and ask your fans to tell you if it’s good or not by replying “Yay” or “Nay.”
Example: For a fashion site put up a woman in an outfit and ask your fans to comment Yay or Nay on the outfit.
- Viral Posts: Why reinvent the wheel? If you see a post, image or video that has gone viral, and is perfect for your audience, then use it.
- Funny Comics: Create your own or use the comics of your favorite author. Either option you utilize realize that comic strips are a great way to entertain and engage your audience.
- Caption This!: Find great photos and ask your fans to write captions for them.
- If you could: Ask a “If you could question”
Example: If you could have lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
- Milestones: Post a milestone and let your fans celebrate it with you.
Example: When you reach 10,000 fans post it as a milestone.
- Comment Of The Day: Have a great post that’s gone viral? There’s a great chance that post also has some great comments. Highlight them and share them with your fans!
- Tell A Story: Start off with a phrase and tell your fans to continue it in the comments below.
Example: Here’s the beginning of a story: “John was having a great day. As he walked down the street to work, …..” Now continue the story in the comments below……
- Boost Your Post: Hit that blue button under the post that says boost so that your post gets seen by more people on Facebook.
- Ask For Help: Sometimes there are problems that only your fans can solve. Don’t be shy. Ask them for advice to gain some great insights.